Tuesday, July 31, 2012

rotation rules


we have a new rotation rule at the office. before this, if you were placed at application counter, you'll remain there until further notice. for example, i've been placed at the application counter since i reported duty on november 2010 and i've been there until now. counter 1 is my counter, huhu.. since, this new rotation rule is being introduced, we got the chance to be at all the unit there is in the passport department. there is information counter (forms and numbers are given here as well), application counter, payment counter (only selected few can receive payment), passport processing, collection counter and kiosk (revewal via machine).

when this first started, i was placed at kiosk for two weeks. after that back to my root (expertise), application counter for a month. next in line is information counter for one week followed by collection counter for two weeks. right now, i'm at the passport processing unit. i'm quite new in processing, so i'm learning a lot of new things here. i will be at processing unit for five weeks and then back at kiosk and so on. i prefer this new rotation rule since we can learn a lot of things and made us more capable in working here. oh, there's one more unit i forgot to mention, the investigation unit. this unit is not put in this rotation rule since it involves long term cases. so it'll be much better if the same person is in charge.

as for hari raya, i didn't apply any extra leave. i think the given leave is enough since i'm not married and i have no in-law's kampung to go back to. i usually celebrate the first day of raya in segamat which is my mom's hometown and in the afternoon, we usually (me, my parents & siblings who are there on first raya) go back to my dad's hometown in felda taib andak, kulai. sadly this raya, both of my grandmothers are not here anymore since they passed away early this year (al-fatihah). i never got the chance to meet my grandfathers, well maybe fo a little while on my father side but he passed away when i was about three years old. maybe, when i'm married, i will apply extra leave to go back to my in-laws hometown. i'm wishing hard that my future husband's hometown is not so far from mine, huhu...

ps: already applying time off this friday to go back home and it was approved! yeah, iftar with my beloved parents! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment