Saturday, February 12, 2011

back to school...

lately, i've been helping my niece and nephew with their homeworks because my sister was out station. both of them went to tanah rata public school. so, their syllabuses is different from malaysian schools. if i'm not mistaken they follow the UKs syllabus. so, everytime, i helped them, i have to read their books as well. the sister learned about world war I and II. well, i learned about the war as well but not as detailed as theirs. since i learned more about malaysia history, i knew only a little about world war I since malaysia was not involved. but by reading my niece's book, my knowledges on WWI has increased a lot, hoho... and then, their math. i found it a little confusing since they used words to describe things. for me math is all about numbers. example, they learned about possibility. so they used the words such as likely, certain, even chance, small chance, unlikely and impossible to describe the possibilities. as for me, i prefer the possibility to be described in percentage or fraction. i remember during my primary school years, i did my homework by myself. i only asked my parents or siblings when i encountered problems that i didn't understand. but now, i find that my nieces and nephews always do their homeworks with their parents. maybe, it's the trends nowadays. perhaps, when i have children on my own, i probably help them with their homeworks as well.

p/s : my sister's  maid said that, i'm more 'garang' when helping my niece and nephew with their homeworks compared to my sister (their mother), hehe... and i honestly believe, it is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment