Sunday, June 17, 2012

happy father's day, abah!!!

yup, he's my dad!!!
yay, finally i've said i love you to my dad verbally on the phone this morning while wishing him happy father's day! if i remembered correctly, i never said it verbally before. i 've only said it to my mom. and in my mom's case, she said it first recently only! i was stunned but managed to say i love her back. since then, those three words flow easily between us...

we are the kind of family that shows and expresses our love by actions rather than words. so, it's actually awkward saying it verbally. i usually write them in words, in birthday card, raya card and other greeting cards. ok, enough on that and let me introduce my father a little bit. if u saw him for the first time, u would think that he's a stern and serious dad. to spice things up, he was once a discipline teacher.

on the outside, yes he is stern and serious. but on the inside, he's actually a a funny and warm person. he might seem like a man with a few words, but one he started on a topic he likes, u'll be the one begging him to stop. because of that, i learned a lot from him. u should see the sms he sent me. it was long and formal. even my close friends laugh when i showed it to them.

when i was small, it was him that told me the bedtime stories. i love his expressions. sometimes, he even made up his own story. he also loved to teach me nursery rhymes. and one of his famous and favourite rhymes is 'baa baa black sheep.' he even translated the song into malay and it went something like this:

baa baa kambing hitam, kau ada bulu
ya tuan.. ya tuan.. tiga karung penuh
satu untuk tuan saya, satu untuk puan saya
dan satu untuk budak lelaki di hujung jalan

he would sing this standing, while jiggling his round tummy! i always love it! in my family, my mom would always do the nagging and scolding. so, it's quite rare seeing my dad doing it. but once he's angry, hoho... u wishing u never made him angry in the first place.. i made him angry once.. in my case, my mouth is always the reason i'm getting into troubles even until now. abah, thank you for everything! you're the best dad in this universe! i love you with all my heart! happy father's day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment