Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A N N O Y E D ! ! !


there's some sort of tradition, well not really tradition, but something most people in my organization do that got me annoyed sometimes. and that's to greet a person by asking, 'are you okay? (RUOK?)' instead of the more familiar, 'how do you do?' which is kind of annoying anyway when asked by 10 persons in the time interval of 15 minutes. 

imagine this, you come to work early all happy and cheery and the first question you got is  RUOK? can't you detect my jolly aura? but it's still fine and you answer, i'm ok. the next three person you meet later, asking you the same question RUOK? over and over again. for me personally, from my happy mood, i'll change into my hulk mood in a flash of time.

honestly, it's annoying and that's when you in a good mood! next scenario, you come to the office in the mood to kill someone and the first greeting is again RUOK?, asked in a cheery voice with no awareness or whatsoever to your bad mood. if murder is allowed, that person would be dead killed by me! the intonation of RUOK? plays a great and important role to make it sound sincere or insincere (just a common greeting).

i rather got greeted by these instead of RUOK?:
  • a simple HI or HELLO!
  • how are you?
  • have you eaten?
  • what a nice weather..
  • etc.. etc.. etc..
so, whoever read this entry please avoid asking/greeting me by RUOK? thank you very much for your consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment