Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Getting Old

I don't know about you guys but here are some things that made me realize I am getting old:

1️⃣ I drive under the speed limit. 

2️⃣ People start offering me seats in crowded places which is not a bad thing at all. 

3️⃣ I tune to Mix instead of Hitz, Sinar instead of Hot and when the mood strikes, I even tune in to Klasik Nasional. 

4️⃣ I start calling others 'adik' instead of 'abang' or 'kakak'. 

5️⃣ I don't understand what the youngsters talk about these days and I sometimes cringe reading their messages because it is not spell correctly. And I mostly have to Google all their abbreviations. 

6️⃣ I don't really care about the latest gadgets or gizmos. I am content with the barest technology. As long I can call, WhatsApp, check the mainstream social medias, I am happy. 

7️⃣ I try my best to keeping up to the world news instead of celebrities' gossips and all. I am always behind with what virals or not.

8️⃣ My metabolism rate is decreasing. I gain weight easily eventhoughl the portion I ate is the same as when I was in my teenage years.

9️⃣ I am more aware of my health!

🔟 I don't really care what being said about me. Not everyone likes you and you do not like everyone as well. Like these very beautiful quotes from Saidina Ali ibn Abi Talib;

❤️ Never explain yourself to anyone, because the one who likes you would not need it, and the one dislikes you wouldn't believe it.

❤️ Hate no one, no matter how much they've wronged you. Live humbly, no matter how wealthy you become. Think positively, no matter how hard life is. Give much, even if you've been given little. Keep in touch with the ones who have forgotten you, and forgive who has wronged you, and do not stop praying for the best for those you love.


۞ ٱللَّهُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُم مِّن ضَعْفٍ ثُمَّ جَعَلَ مِنۢ بَعْدِ ضَعْفٍ قُوَّةً ثُمَّ جَعَلَ مِنۢ بَعْدِ قُوَّةٍ ضَعْفًا وَشَيْبَةً ۚ يَخْلُقُ مَا يَشَآءُ ۖ وَهُوَ ٱلْعَلِيمُ ٱلْقَدِيرُ

It is Allah Who created you in a state of weakness, then developed ˹your˺ weakness into strength, then developed ˹your˺ strength into weakness and old age (white hair) He creates whatever He wills. For He is the All-Knowing, Most Capable (Suran Ar-Rum 30:54)

No comments:

Post a Comment