Wednesday, June 17, 2015

my bookstore adventure

 
well, seem that one of my hobby is reading (beside sleeping and doing nothing), it would be natural for me to linger in bookstores. I could spend hours browsing in them without even realizing it. my parents do encourage me and my siblings to read even since when we were small. if I remember correctly, I could read Malay around the age of four and English around five or six and Jawi (Arabic letters) around eight.
 
before I knew how to read, I would ask my parents usually my dad or my elder siblings to read for me. my older brothers and sisters did see some kind of a pest for I would always asking them to read for me when they got other things to do. they told me to learn how to read and helped taught me along the way. I was very lucky to be in a family that read (my parents were both teachers by the way). we had this library which my sisters named MASSS Library. MASSS is the first letter for our siblings' name [Mohd Nizar, Azizan, Syahira, Syazrah, Syaheema]
 
I would lost myself into books there. but I still play outside and not just cooped inside the house. my favourite reading materials during primary school was the Enid Blyton series. I loved the mystery and fairy tale collections. story like mr pink whistle, the faraway tree, malory towers, secret seven, famous five others. at first I only read the Malay version but little by little I started reading them in English. besides books, I also read education magazines such as Dewan Pelajar (once, my essay got featured and I got DBP book voucher), Kuntum and Disney, I also read comics such as Doraemon and Dragonball. My parents always bought me the reading materials I wanted. they did checked first whether the materials were okay.
 
during that time, my parents would always buy newspaper at the roadside stall that was operated by this kind Indian man and his wife. I forgot their names but they are very nice people. they could still recognize me even after 10 - 20 years had past! and during this time, we only got one bookstore in segamat named Tai Kuang and the bookstore exists until now. I always love the trips to this bookstore and rarely came out empty handed. and then time passed by and I still love the trips to bookstores until now. here are a few famous bookstores that I've been visiting.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment