Wednesday, January 3, 2018

B.I.T.C.H.


yes, we are always taught to be honest and don't lie. a simple rule but very hard to practice. like the above dialogues from the movie mona lisa smile starring julia roberts as a free-thinking art professor teaches conservative 1950s Wellesley girls to question their traditional social roles (IMDb). watching this movie really motivates me to become a better woman, well at that time i'm still considering myself as teenager. but like i mentioned before, speaking the truth is much harder than you think.

me, for example has been labelled a BITCH for being too frank sometimes. a few people bravely tell me to the face but others, mostly called me BITCH behind my back which i didn't care much. the reason, they are allowed to badmouthing about me behind my back for i did the same. i admitted i talked things i disapproved about person which called mengumpat in Malay. but i usually told them to their face first, huhu..

in life, the golden rule is very simple: treat people the way you want to be treated. unfortunately, people usually forget about this. they rarely put themselves in others position. they failed in empathy. i know it's not easy to understand people for every people is unique in their own way. but, please at least made an effort and tried. sometimes telling the truth is the best even if it might hurt than shielding them with false lies and hope.

for example, i rather the doctor told me i have only three weeks to live because of an untreatable  illness than telling me i could fight it and cure could be found soon. at least the truth will let me prepared for death and maybe live my life to the fullest without any regrets than hoping for something impossible. well, that's all for my entry this time. again, i wrote just because i felt to. i'm not looking for followers or audiences. i wrote so that it could at least help me remember some of good and bad memories/episodes in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment