Friday, October 16, 2020

R.I.P. Pusheen 😢

Last Raya Haji, Kak Ala brought back all three of her cats. She left two of them at kampung, Pusheen an Tiger. She only took Panda back to Putrajaya. The reason she left Pusheen and Tiger was because the twot cats are outdoor cats, they love to roam around. Unfortunately, one of Kak Ala's neighbour is not so fond with cats. The neighbour complained, saying Kak Ala's cats often peed/pooped at his house. But as far as we know, Pusheen and Tiger only peed and pooped in their litter box. So, Kak Ala kept those twos in cages and only let them out once in a while.

The dynamic duo, Pusheen (calico) and Tiger (orange)

At kampung, Pusheen and Tiger could finally have their freedom, only they are not allowed inside of the house since my mom doesn't like their fur shedding. But, my dad and I sometimes let them in the house when my mom wasn't around. Pusheen was the first cat that Kak Ala had. My niece found her (still a kitten) at her school and brought her home. While Tiger was found in front of Kak Ala's house with two other kittens, Whitey (RIP) and Midnight (sent to pet care shelter). Pusheen acted as a surrogate mother to the then three kittens. Panda was Midnight's son and he is certainly an inside cat.

So, my parents and I took care of Pusheen and Tiger. Honestly, my favourite was Pusheen. She was a very gentle and manja. She never failed to come when I called out her name. Same as Tiger. But this morning, during the cats' meal times, Pusheen was missing. They were only Tiger and Jepun (a white stray cat that we adopted unofficially). Usually the three cats just rushed in whenever I opened the door. I called Pusheen many times, still she didn't came. I'm not worried at first, thinking she's having an adventure somewhere. She never strayed far away from home. So, I figured she might come home soon. I even told her yesterday, that today she will have a bath. Come noon, Pusheen still couldn't be found so I bathed Tiger first. I called her name many times but with no avail.

This was taken just yesterday; Pusheen, Tiger and Jepun

Around 12 noon, my mom called me, telling me that Pusheen was already dead. My mom was looking for her and found her lying under one of my dad's banana plant. My father then took Pusheen home, the banana plant is only 10 meters from our house. Her body was already cold but not 'hardened' yet. Seems like she just die. My parents and I were devastated. My mom and I cried. Until now, I still couldn't believe that Pusheen is no longer around. I regretted not to spend more time with her yesterday. We told Kak Ala the sad news. Kak Ala asked me to show Pusheen to Tiger one last time so that Tiger knew that she was gone. My dad then buried Pusheen. To dear Pusheen, you brought joy to all of us with your presence. May you rest in peace and may we'll see each other again in jannah.

Final goodbye from Tiger

ps: I once had an argument with Miss A regarding the loss of pet. At that time, I didn't own any pet but Miss A has a lot of cats. I told her the loss of cat is nothing. You could just get another one easily. She disagreed with me, saying that it will not be the same. Now, I realized how wrong I was! Losing a pet that has been with you for a long times (Pusheen was seven years old) is not easy...😢



No comments:

Post a Comment