Saturday, October 15, 2011

mother

have you ever noticed that your mom knows exactly what u want or what u need eventhough u didn't say it out loud? it seems like she could read your mind which is kind of scary if she really could? no secrets from her, right?! hehe, well maybe she did know what's playing on our mind based on our actions or words. here are some examples of the magic things that my mom did:
  • once, during my boarding school years (can't remember which form), i was craving to eat porridge with sambal. and guess what? that weekend, during parent's visit, my mum brought exactly that eventhough i didn't call home stating my crave.
  • another thing to do with dishes. i was on my way back to my parent's house and i keep thinking would it be nic if my mom prepared tom yam. and 'wallah', tom yam is served, hehe...
  • this one happened quite a few times. everytime i'm thinkin about calling my mom, my mom would call me first. i think there's a unique telepathy connection between a mother and her children.
even when i called home, i would insist on talking to my mother first. the line, 'hello, mak ada?' which mean 'is mum there?' when dad answered is normal. i think my father has long accepted the fact that the children prefer to talk to their mom first. so, to all the father out there, do not take offense if your children asked for their mother first while on the phone. it doesn't mean that we love dad less, it just errmm.. it just natural, hehe...

me and my mum

No comments:

Post a Comment