Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Ovaltine Cookies

Don't expect the cookies to retain their original shapes. This 'turn out' is consider a miracle! Usually, cookies just spread all over the pan with no shape AT ALL!!!

One of the MUST HAVE kuih raya in our house is Biskut Ovaltine. It has been handed down in the family, maybe from my grandmother. Everyone that came to our house during raya will ask for these biscuits. And the cookies will usually finished even before raya since the niblings love to munch them while watching TV. And we had to make a new batch again for raya. But, since we couldn't celebrate raya together this year because of the MCO, I actually posted the biscuits to all of my siblings! That means, I have to make five cookies batch! I included the recipe as well so they could make them themselves. Here are the recipe by the way;

INGREDIENTS
  • 250 gm butter
  • 1 cup condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 cups corn starch
  • 2 cups tapioca starch
  • 1 cup wheat flour
  • 4 cups Ovaltine
PREPARATION
  1. Mixed butter, condensed milk and brown sugar together (electronic mixer)
  2. Add all the flours little by little.
  3. Add Ovaltine last (if the dough wasn't 'chocolate' enough, just keep on adding Ovaltine until it looks like picture above)
  4. Bake for 20 minutes (180 C top bottom)
So, I send the jars of Ovaltine via ordinary domestic post service, not Poslaju. If I used Poslaju, I need to pay RM15++ for one jar. With the ordinary post service, I just need to pay RM7/jar. And it took almost two weeks (roughly) to reach the destination.


No comments:

Post a Comment