Thursday, April 16, 2020

Recipes I've Tried During MCO

Steamed Chocolate Caramel Cake


Verdict: 60% success rate! I failed the two top layers! 😂 Maybe I used the wrong size pan. So, I couldn't distribute the caramel layer evenly all over the surface. The second layer didn't stick to the chocolate cake layer. It just slide and had to be eaten separately. The chocolate cake layer is the only layer that happened accordingly.

Batik Indulgence Cake



Verdict: 80% success rate. I only failed at the cream cheese layer. Well, not exactly fail, only in the sense of thickness. Again because I'm using the wrong size pan. The taste is marvelous.

Japanese Cheesecake



Verdict: 65% success rate. Since I've some leftover cream cheese from the Batik Indulgence Cake, I made this cake. In terms of baking, I failed miserably. According to the video, I only need to bake it for 20 minutes. But in my case, I had to add 40 minutes more for the cake to be totally baked. And, I didn't even bother using the water technique. I just baked it normally after the first 20 minutes failure. The taste is acceptable. The cake was supposed to be light, jiggly and airy but mine was dense (maybe because I didn't follow the water bath technique). Surprisingly, my mom loved it!

Easy Custard Corn Pudding



Verdict: 100% success rate!!! Finally, this recipe restore my confidence in my baking skill! 😆 The executions were perfect and so is the taste! WELL DONE, ME!! Haha..

Dalgona Coffee



Verdict: 100% success rate after the third attempt! The first two attempts weren't unsuccessful because I didn't follow the exact recipe. First try, too much water so it didn't thickened. Second try, too much coffee, eventhough it thickened, it sank!

No Bake Oreo Cheesecake



Verdict: 95% success rateThe balance 5% just because of the shape, mine is square (see picture below) instead of round. The execution and the taste are perfect. I finished the whole cake myself within a couple of days, huhu...


No comments:

Post a Comment